Lead Full Stack Engineer
We’re now seed funded and excited to grow our team. Join us!
As a full stack lead engineer you assist the head of engineering as their “right-hand-person” with a broad range of tasks beyond building the product. You work closely with the product team to design and build the core features and systems that power Chava from the ground up.
A majority of your time is spent building features/systems. The rest of it will be a mix of helping solving problems (without code whenever possible), making sure it gets done as expected, mentoring other engineers, hiring and managing vendors if necessary and working closely with the head of engineering on higher level problems. This also means you will...
- Work closely with the product team to convert product ideas into complete implementable features
- Own the engineering design and implementation of those features along with supporting services, tools and tests
- Implement those designs with high quality code that is maintainable, readable, scalable, performant, adheres to coding standards and document it appropriately
- Break down larger features or systems into assignable units and ensure they are completed on time to quality
- Follow and manage the release cycle process
- Participate and run architecture and code reviews
- Monitor, manage and maintain the infrastructure used to power Chava
Overall we’re looking for a generalist engineer that has built things well, has picked up tech stacks quickly, understands scale, has done light devops and has the aptitude for planning/leading other engineers. Our ideal candidate is/has...
- A strong team player
- A very strong sense of craftsmanship for user experience, engineering design and code quality
- A passion for making teams better/more efficient
- Experience ruthlessly acting to remove inefficiency in workflows
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Very proficient in 2+ programming languages (1 should be static/strongly typed)
- Strong understanding of OOP, MVC, REST
- Competent with Linux and command line automation
- Experience designing and building systems of scale
- Can systematically design and implement unit, integration and automated tests
- Proficient debugging and helping others debug
- Proficient at monitoring/profiling a live system and stabilizing it
- Knowledge of modern web architecture and service design (NoSQL, microservices, queueing etc.).
*Bonus points if you have…
- Experience managing offshore teams
- Experience with Node, TypeScript, React+Native, Swift/Java
- Experience with Heroku or any popular IaaS provider (i.e. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud) and have done any DevOps for it
- Experience with a variety of NoSQL data stores (i.e. Redis/MongoDB/etc.)
- Experience writing code generators